Imke Schellekens-Bartels is a Dutch Dressage Equestrian, born in 1977 in Hooge Mierde (The Netherlands). She is the daughter of Olympic Medallist dressage rider and trainer Tineke Bartels, who is also her trainer.
Her international palmares includes amongst other :
-14 Dutch Championships (Dutch Champion in 2006),
-2 European championship ( Gold team and Bronze individuual in 2007 and Gold team and 7th Individual in 2010
- 5 first places in World Cup Qualifications
- 6 world cup finals between 1998 and 2010 (7th place, 6th 5th, 2nd, 4th and 3rd !)
- 2 WEG (Silver team in Aachen in 2006 and Gold team and 4th Individual in Kentucky in 2010)
Imke also participated in 3 Olympic Games
- Athens 2004 with Lancet sold Afterwards to British Emma Hindle
- Hong Kong 2008 where she won a silver Olympic team medal with Sunrise
-London 2012 where she was first reserve
Imke has finished her education as a top coach of the level five in 2013. She now gives frequently clinics all over the world and training weeks in Holland, being Academy Bartels synonymous of professionalism, elegance and transparency in the training methods.
For the record, 24 years old Hunter Douglas Sunrise, the bay mare with whom Imke achieved her more acclaimed and iconic results, still lives happy and peaceful on the Academy fields, where I met her recently.